Last month I did a fun Q+A session over on Snapchat and many of the questions you guys asked were related to my makeup routine and my favourite beauty products! I’ll admit I’m definitely not hugely in the know about everything in the beauty industry but I’ve definitely discovered my favourite items of makeup over the years and know I have a makeup bag filled with a couple of staples that I use day in day out and I wanted to share them with you guys!
1. Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation: This is my go-to everyday foundation that I’ve been using for nearly 2 years now! I definitely tend to suffer from breakouts from time to time but this foundation works great for sensitive skin and it’s also quite moisturising if you have dry skin too! It’s gives a medium coverage that’s easy to build for nights out also!
2. Mac Mineralize Skin finish Powder: It took me a while to find a powder that gave a little extra coverage while not looking too cakey. The Mineralize powder really ticks all of the right boxes and ensures that my makeup stays on all day.
3. Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil: Anastasia is known as the queen of brows and her products are definitely worthy of their cult following. I have quite light brows so I always need to fill them in and this is what I start with. It’s the perfect product if you want a more natural looking brow as you can definitely start light and build as needed.
4. Anastasia Brow Beauty Express: If you only needed one brow product in your makeup bag, this is what I would recommend! It’s a great little set that has powder for shading, wax for keeping in place, and a highlighter duo for excentuating your brows. There’s even a set of stencils to help you find the best shape for your face.
5. Sephora Long Lasting Eyeliner: You’ll rarely see me without a little flick of eyeliner and after years of trying different liquid liners, this is definitely my favourite! It has a great brush that makes it super easy to apply and stays put all day!
6. Lorac Pro Pallet: With so many eyeshadow pallets out there these days, it’s always surprised me that the Lorac Pro Pallet hasn’t been as popular as the Naked Pallets! This is a well kept secret with a lot of makeup artists (I once saw Kim’s makeup artist using it on an episode of The Kardashians). I’ve had this pallet going on 4 years and it’s by far my favourite item in my makeup bag! With 8 matt and 8 shimmer colours there’s something for every occasion whether its makeup for work or a night out!
7. Charlotte Tillbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow: If you’re like me, and in need of a little extra help bringing out your cheekbones then you need this in your makeup bag! It’s a little bit of a splurge but I really do love this bronzer/highlighter duo. The shimmer really brightens your face while the bronzer is great for contouring.
8. Nars Orgasm Blush: Known as the holy grail of blushes, Orgasm is a wonderful blush that looks fabulous on most skin tones. The colour is subtle and also has a slight shimmer that gives your cheeks a great glow.
9. Cover Girl Outlast Lipstick: Many of you will know how much I love a good red lip and this outlast lipstick by Covergirl is definitely the best one I’ve come across after years of trying different shades. The colour is super pigmented and it stays on for hours, all while costing under $10. Many of you ask on snapchat ask which shade I’m wearing and more often than not it’s number 915!
10. Mac Lipstick in Velvet Teddy: My most recent addition to my makeup bag! It took me a long time to come around to the idea of using a nude lipstick because I often think they make pale girls like me look very washed out. Then I discovered Velvet Teddy, which is a great shade because it’s on the darker scale of nudes and I’ve heard that it makes your teeth look whiter!
11. Mac Lip Liner in Spice: I usually tread softly when using lip liner for fear of trying to look too much like Kylie, but Spice is a great nude shade and using this really prolongs the longevity of your lipstick.
And there you have it, my go to products when putting my face on every morning. While writing this post I started to think maybe I should push the boat and experiment with some new products because I’ve used many of these for so long, but my philosophy is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it right?